COLUMBUS, Ohio – Gene Smith, Ohio State senior vice-president & Wolfe Foundation Endowed Athletics Director, will begin a monthly podcast beginning August 5, the athletics department announced Thursday.
The endeavor will provide fans with updates on student-athlete accomplishments in the classroom and in the community as well as insight into the leadership and professional development training designed by the Ohio State Department of Athletics and its partners.
“This project gives me a platform to discuss and explain many of the opportunities being provided to our student-athletes, opportunities designed to prepare and impact their personal and professional lives once their collegiate experience is over,” Smith said. “I will certainly champion and praise their efforts and accomplishments as athletes but these young men and women are doing so many other wonderful things I want to celebrate and bring to life.”
The podcast also will cover…
- The athletics department role and relationship with the university
- The Athletics District and long term facility maintenance and development
- The Eugene D. Smith Leadership Institute (design, programs and goals)
- Big Ten Conference and NCAA issues and initiatives
- The Ohio State Athletics Strategic Plan (pillars and mission)
- The economic impact of Ohio State Athletics (in Columbus and state of Ohio)
- Current events, topics and trends
This is reprinted verbatim; we may rewrite headlines and descriptions. Press releases can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org