The new Stitcher platform has been revamped end-to-end, from the technology backbone to the front-facing user interface. The company says a simplified design prioritizes a new, more customizable experience that fits the myriad ways users manage their shows and personal app experience.
“We focused on both unique listener experiences for veteran podcast listeners and podcast newbies in this major redesign because, after a decade of knowledge and data to rely on, we know that podcast consumption is a personal experience and one size does not fit all,” said Stitcher CEO Erik Diehn. “The new look and feel of our mobile app reflects Stitcher’s commitment to make listening, saving and discovering content simple – the way it should be.”
The new app gives listeners more control over how they listen to and discover podcasts through a customizable interface with features like:
- Download management that allows users to choose which shows automatically download new episodes and how many episodes are kept downloaded, prioritizing show favorites and saving storage space.
- Episode filtering so users can filter to view only episodes that are unplayed, downloaded or liked.
- Episode sorting features allow users to view episodes oldest to newest and vice versa. Users also can sort by the individual episode length to match whatever amount of time they have to listen during a particular time of day.
- Show organization tools will group podcasts into categories defined by the user, whether by genre, show length, top favorites or something else.
- Enhanced speed controls will give users more control to listen at virtually any speed at any increment with an easy-to-use slider control.
Stitcher says the revamped app also makes listening to favorite shows easier through quicker access to new episodes, allowing users to pick up where they left off, manage downloads and browse through shows all in one spot. There are also improved recommendation and discovery tools, an enhanced web player, and new integrations for Alexa and Sonos.
The beta release of the new Stitcher began Thursday (Oct. 22, 2020) for iOS and Android devices and will be rolled out globally in the coming months. The Stitcher app also hosts Stitcher Premium, home to ad-free listening and exclusive podcast episodes.
This is reprinted verbatim; we may rewrite headlines and descriptions. Press releases can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org